Don't Tackle Fire Damage In Your Business Alone
Don't let your hotel in get ruined by fire damage
Hotels in Newport News are a vital component to the infrastructure of the entire area, helping tourism to continue to be as prevalent and steady as ever. With the massive structures that many of these accommodations are, a single disaster or emergency can spread over a broad area in a brief time. Incidents like fire loss offer multiple levels of damaging effects that can move far beyond the ignition point and can be a devastating force for multiple rooms in your hotel.
Structural concerns are most often the priority for addressing fire damage in your Newport News lodging. With experts with extensive training in fire and smoke damage restoration and recovery, as well as education in the modern approaches for deodorization and fire residue removal, our SERVPRO staff on site is knowledgeable and confident in work to get done. In most cases, containment of the effects is critical because even after extinguishment occurs, soot/smoke residues and carcinogens can continue to spread throughout the building.
Containment strategies for our SERVPRO professionals often come down to our advanced equipment like our generators, air scrubbers, and other physical barriers. Plastic sheeting can often be a literal hindrance for airborne particulates and contaminants from reaching other areas of the hotel. With these effects limited to a specific space, our contracting division can get to work on controlled demolition and fire debris removal.
One of the risks of fire effects in your area hotel is how easily certain conditions like harsh odors can pass through construction materials and structural elements. The longer that your business goes without the appropriate preventative actions like the use of ozone machines, the more widespread and overwhelming these symptoms can become. A significant spread of these effects compromises not only your ability to offer rooms to potential guests but can affect your overall reputation with current customers.
Fire loss can produce multiple damaging effects that can spread quickly through your hotel. Our SERVPRO of Newport News team can help. Give us a call anytime disaster strikes at (757) 244-8467
Fire, Smoke and Soot Restoration
SERVPRO of Newport News Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Fire Damage and Smoke Damage
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Newport News Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Newport News will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today -757-244-8467
Putting out a fire can be worse than the fire itself....
Fire damage in a business can be stressful for owners, property managers, employees, and tenants. Property damage, equipment damage, document loss and temporary business closure are just some of the concerns you may experience.
- Here is what you can do until help arrives:
- Limit movement in the facility to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old lines on rugs and high traffic areas.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliance with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between office furniture legs and wet carpets.
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Clean any electrical equipment.
- Send clothing to dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Give SERVPRO of Newport News a call at 757-244-8467. we are always available 24/7, 365 days a year!
Fire Damage Tips
Here are some emergency fire damage tips to keep in mind...
- Keep hands clean
- Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old lines on carpeted traffic area to prevent more soiling
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refigerator and prop doors open
- Wipe soot from chrome on faucets and appliances then protect with a light coating of lubricant
- Do not attemp to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting SERVPRO of Newport News
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting SERVPRO of Newport News
- Do not attemp to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or whater without consulting a repair service
Give us a call at 757-244-8467 whenever you are in need
Firework Fire Prevention
HAPPY NEW YEAR
New Year’s Eve is a wonderful time to celebrate the start of a new year. Fireworks are always a fun way to celebrate, and also very common. However, If they are not used correctly things can turn out bad...
In 2013, fireworks caused an estimated of 15,600 reported fires in the Unites States.
If you due choose to set fireworks off on your own, here are some tips to prevent a firework fire from happening:
- Never allow children to handle fireworks
- Dispose of spent product by wetting it down and placing it in a metal trash can away from any building until the following day
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully
- Light fireworks one at a time, and then move back quickly
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying them
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions
- Wear eye protection
If anything you can always call SERVPRO of Newport News at 757-244-8467
SERVPRO of Newport News wish you a safe and Happy New Year!