Putting out a fire can be worse than the fire itself
Fire damage in a business can be stressful for owners, property managers, employees, and tenants. Property damage, equipment damage, document loss and temporary business closure are just some of the concerns you may experience.
- Here is what you can do until help arrives:
- Limit movement in the facility to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old lines on rugs and high traffic areas.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliance with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between office furniture legs and wet carpets.
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Clean any electrical equipment.
- Send clothing to dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Give SERVPRO of Newport News a call at 757-244-8467. we are always available 24/7, 365 days a year!