Firework Fire Prevention
New Year’s Eve is a wonderful time to celebrate the start of a new year. Fireworks are always a fun way to celebrate, and also very common. However, If they are not used correctly things can turn out bad...
In 2013, fireworks caused an estimated of 15,600 reported fires in the Unites States.
If you due choose to set fireworks off on your own, here are some tips to prevent a firework fire from happening:
- Never allow children to handle fireworks
- Dispose of spent product by wetting it down and placing it in a metal trash can away from any building until the following day
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have not ignited fully
- Light fireworks one at a time, and then move back quickly
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying them
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions
- Wear eye protection
If anything you can always call SERVPRO of Newport News at 757-244-8467
SERVPRO of Newport News wish you a safe and Happy New Year!