When the severe storm rolls out... we roll in...
Did you know hurricane season has already started??
Its June 1st- November 30th to be exact. Are you prepared?? We can help you get prepared with simple knowledge.
A thunderstorm is a rain shower during which you hear thunder. Since thunder comes from lightning, all thunderstorms have lightning.
A thunderstorm is classified as "severe" when it contains one or ore of the following:
- winds in excess of 58 mph
- structural wind damage
Warning VS Watch
A severe warning thunderstorm warnings means that a severe thunderstorm is occurring or is imminent based on Doppler radar information or a reliable spotter report. A warning is issued by the local National Weather Service Office.
A sever thunderstorm watch means that the potential exists for the development of thunderstorms which may produce large hail or damaging winds. A watch is issued by the Storm Prediction Center.
Do you know what to have in your Emergency Supply Kit?
It should include...
- Water (one gallon per person per day)
- Food (Non-perishable 3-day supply)
- Manuel can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Duct mask or bandanas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags, and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Local maps
- Hygiene items
- Important documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification, and bank account information
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in waterproof container